Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minute
- 8 Servings Atkins Cuisine Pie Crust (1 recipe)
- 1 1/2 Pounds boneless chicken breasts halves, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2/3 Cup chicken broth
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 Teaspoon fennel seeds crushed
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons Thick-It-Up
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken, broth, onion, carrot, celery and fennel seeds in a medium saucepot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Strain stock into a small saucepan.
- Mix in cream; bring to a boil. Stir in thickener; cook 2 minutes until mixture thickens. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables; stir to coat. Mix in parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon chicken mixture into a 9-inch diameter dish pie plate. Lay dough over filling; press down edges with tines of a fork to adhere to pie plate rim.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until crust is golden and baked through (Cover edges of dough with aluminum foil if browning too quickly). Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information per serving
- Net Carbs: 11.6 grams
- Fiber:3 grams
- Protein:35.5 grams
- Fat:27.5 grams
- Calorie: 447