- 5 eggs
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/8 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/8 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 5 jalapeno pepper slices, chopped
- 1 slice pepper jack cheese (or cheddar)
- 2 Tbsp Pace Salsa
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat with canola oil (or your oil of choice). Mix eggs, water, pepper, onion, tomatoes, spinach and jalapenos together. Pour into an oiled pan over medium heat, and cook until eggs are to your desired consistency. Just before eggs are ready to remove, turn heat off and add pepper jack cheese to the top. Cover with a lid or a plate or a pan and let sit for 5 minutes.
- To serve, add 2 Tbsp salsa over top and serve immediately.
This dish also stores very well with saran wrap and heats up in the microwave with no trouble. If you plan to save half of the dish for later, do not add the 1Tbsp salsa to the half you will re-heat until after heating.
You can also add sliced black olives, guacamole, sour cream, and chopped lettuce (make certain to account for the carb count change).
Nutritional Information:Total carb per serving: 7.5, Net carbs: 5.5, Calories: 513, Fiber: 4 grams, Protein: 40 grams, Fat: 33 grams